Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Hello Canada, Gun ban is a reality now !

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Ok

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:11 am

Thank you timmy and Hammerhead for your kind responses and understanding of the situation.

Indeed, since May 2020 when the original ban was issued on 1,500 models and variants the situation has steadily worsened over time with the authorities adding to the prohibited list - without rhyme or reason - randomly to the numbers. I am not entirely sure of the current numbers, but I am sure that there are over several hundred items added. These include .22 rifles, shotguns, bolt action rifles, semi-auto rifles and handguns, magazines - the whole nine yards! The reasoning and logic is unfathomable and has nothing matching with the original stated purpose!

In fact, one of the items declared prohibited included Black Rifle Coffee - just a good strong coffee! ROTFL

Here is a link banning Coffee & Toys
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:32 am

ckkalyan wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:11 am
since May 2020 when the original ban was issued on 1,500 models and variants the situation has steadily worsened over time with the authorities adding to the prohibited list - without rhyme or reason - randomly to the numbers.
Over and over, we see how these people work: once they can take away some, they feel empowered and justified to take away more, and there is no end to their continuing to do so.

How many times must this behavior be experienced to confirm that it will happen again?

Many on this board have expressed excitement over the prospect of new manufacturers and importers introducing new weapons into the Indian market, as replacements for the old jugaads that are currently available.

I wonder whether prevailing thought should be, "will I be allowed to buy one," rather than "will one be available?"
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:36 am

Absolutely timmy - I have expressed it elsewhere in a similar vein specifically in context to the Indian situation.

3-Gun Match evolved to 2-Gun Match, further evolves to 1-Gun Match - and then what? 0-Gun (Zero Gun), just use your match(es) - no limit?? :evil:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!