GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Post by pistolero » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:57 pm

vicky1730 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm
Probably they cannot because this is Make in India so their Indian partner Werywin will do all the front end work. And that partner can have more than one foreign collaborator. It is the same with CMTPL for Glock, Vinvelli for CZ, and JINDAL for Taurus.
Who Cannot?? Smith & Wesson?? What you are trying to say is that Smith & Wesson is manufacturing in India, but cannot announce the same as it under make in India? So Smith & Wesson has a Hush Hush secret project to manufacture in India, which even Smith & Wesson corporate in not aware about?? And as it is in India, they CANNOT issue a press release to the same effect that they are manufacturing in India??

Wow!! Now that is definitely a point of view, suddenly makes a lot of sense. Fascinating!!!!!

Please explain your point on other collaborators?? How does this have anything to do with Smith & Wesson??
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

For Advertising mail webmaster
indogunfreak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by indogunfreak » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:53 am

pistolero wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:57 pm
vicky1730 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm
Probably they cannot because this is Make in India so their Indian partner Werywin will do all the front end work. And that partner can have more than one foreign collaborator. It is the same with CMTPL for Glock, Vinvelli for CZ, and JINDAL for Taurus.
Who Cannot?? Smith & Wesson?? What you are trying to say is that Smith & Wesson is manufacturing in India, but cannot announce the same as it under make in India? So Smith & Wesson has a Hush Hush secret project to manufacture in India, which even Smith & Wesson corporate in not aware about?? And as it is in India, they CANNOT issue a press release to the same effect that they are manufacturing in India??

Wow!! Now that is definitely a point of view, suddenly makes a lot of sense. Fascinating!!!!!

Please explain your point on other collaborators?? How does this have anything to do with Smith & Wesson??
Wow, you look like a guy who knows a great deal about guns, their quality, manufacturing process and corporate collaborations, why haven't we seen you comment on Malhotrasons 1911 pistols selling for 5 lacs in India or a defunct Webley revolvers (Scott is missing in India because they decided not to sell themselves, thus Webley alone - who sold their brand name after bankruptcy to a third party) coming to India and selling revolvers close to 2 Lacs with an obsolete unworthy model.

Were you able to confirm the Webley (Scott missing) collaborations with the original UK brand owners and announce the findings or, cared to compare Malhotrasons 1911 pistol quality with any renowned 1911 brands worthy of $6000 ? How about CMTPL - Glock, Were you able to confirm affiliation with original Glock of Austria, Vinvelli with CZ ?

Press release by a major U.S firearms manufacturer (NASDAQ listed) about India market - You must be joking, the total size of India gun market is a fraction of their annual sales. Praise your luck, they are even considering India as a market. Everyone gun owner has dreamt of owning a quality firearm and the time is now closer than it ever has been.

The measuring stick should be equal size, no matter who you apply it to.

vicky1730
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vicky1730 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:10 am

Thanks indogunfreak. I understand pistoleros incredulity because Indian gun customers have been let down so many times. But the policy position is that most of these manufacturers need to be Indian companies collaborating with foreign companies transferring some tech. So the front face is always the Indian co and it’s brand name. Till 2020 FDI was automatically allowed in defense sector up to 49% and then now 74%. https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1654091. So the foreign companies need to operate with an India strategic partner. Depending of their stake they cannot take the front seat. Some like S&W may not even be investing in equity. But to clarify in case the news and discussion on IFG was missed, on its website S&W has declared Werywin their distributor. https://www.smith-wesson.com/internatio ... stributors
They need not give press release in US since US customers don’t

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:15 am

SO YOU ARE SAYING INDIA IS AN INSIGNIFICANT MARKET. As India is an Insignificant market, Smith & Wesson will not announce publicly that it is going to manufacture in India? Is that your assertion?? And as Indians we should praise our luck?? Because Corporate America has been so kind as to bless us with their presence??

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS IS WHAT YOU MEANT??

vicky1730
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vicky1730 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:59 am

The problem is not with corporate America but our own laws that restrict export, production and licensing and years of monopoly by IOF.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:45 pm

Vicky 1730 living in India, we are all aware about Indian Laws! Hopefully I guess :D

Long story short is the Revolver S&W or it is a Revolver made by a Distributor of S&W

The two are very different things, and would appreciate the clarity

Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Operator » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:02 am

Hi Mohit ji , would you please be kind enough to drop a few more pictures of what’s coming out soon , like a sneak peak or some prototype . Would really make our day

Thank you
mohshar wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm

Fellow IFG'ians,

We are getting closer to showcase the revolver models planned for the India market and I am very excited. IFG will be the first place where I will post that information.

Regards,
Mohit

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:07 pm

This is the first time a representative from firearm manufacturer has been so open about their future plans. We all know how well other manufacturers communicated with us, it was all only guess work. When one representative is here, talking to us and giving us insights about their plans, we should atleast show some support and respect if we want such business practices to continue in future. I don't know if SnW will be successful in launching here in India, but after looking at the responses from other manufacturers who declared their launch long ago and didn't even let us know what the status or blocker is, I am happy to see a rep come here and talk to us openly. We can only hope and wish them success, after all in their success lies our salvation from poor quality firearms. I cannot afford to buy a pre 1984 firearm for premium, I am stuck to poor quality IOF firearms, which I think are still expensive considering their quality, and many of us fellow IFGians share the same fate I suppose. So in all, yes as an Indian I am grateful for SnW for even considering to enter Indian market, and their Indian partner too for taking the daring step and speaking to us. I wish these partnerships achieve commercial success so that we can have a pro RKBA lobby here in India with commercial benefits in mind, without commercial benefits no lobby can pitch their interests. As for technicalities, I am an average gun enthusiast, I depend on people like Timmy and channels like Forgotten Weapons for any knowledge or advise, I am not too much into mechanics and mathematics involved behind the scene, and most of us are like that. We just want more options, we will know which one was better in time and we are ready to have some bad examples, but we want more options.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Greeting IFG' ians - I am pleased to announce that S&W is all set to revive the .32 S&W revolver for the India market and our teams are currently working full time to put all the tooling in place. The technical specifications are as under:

Caliber: .32 H&R MAG (.32 H&R magnum chamber support both .32 S&W Long and .32 S&W short)
Capacity: 6 Rounds | Barrel Length: 1.875" / 4.7 cm | Front Sight: Integral | Rear Sight: Fixed | Grip: Synthetic / Wooden dependent on tooling
Action: Single/Double Action | Frame Size: Small (J) - Exposed Hammer | Frame Finish: Matte Black | Cylinder Finish: Matte Black |
Trigger Finish: Matte Black | Overall Length: 6.31" / 16.0 cm (approximately)
32HR_left_Syngrip.jpg
32GR_right_Wodgrip.jpg
The .357 magnum models for India market will be shared in due course.

Fellow IFG'ians - Thanks for the kind wishes and continued support.

Thanks,
Mohit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Mohshar: .32 H&R Magnum capability is a great addition! +1!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Beautiful wares, Mr. Sharma, that wooden grip's gorgeous!

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Thanks for sharing Mohit.Beautiful Revolvers.
Introducing the .32 H&R Magnum is a practical step.
It will do well.Very neat Snub-Nose versions.

Regards,
Jr.

Gurnoor brar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gurnoor brar » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi Mohit ,I would like to know that weather it will be made with werywin brand logo or Smith and Wesson logo?

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:55 pm

Gurnoor brar wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 pm
Hi Mohit ,I would like to know that weather it will be made with werywin brand logo or Smith and Wesson logo?
Hi - It will have brand markings of both Smith & Wesson as well as Werywin Defence. All our firearms will have branding of Werywin and parent brands.

Best,
Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm

@Mohshar, any plans for a 4-inch barrel version? This revolver would be perfect for sports shooters in 25-meter centerfire pistol since 32 s&w long and 32acp are all the rage. We'll finally have a sidearm that's great both for sports and self-defense :)