first glock deliverd

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: first glock deliverd

Post by Vineet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am

These are definitely made in Austria. There is no facility available in India to manufacture Glock.

I am not 100% sure but what appears to be is that CMT imports them as ‘parts’, assembles them and sells under the name of CMT India.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashrafi1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:15 pm

Vineet wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am
These are definitely made in Austria. There is no facility available in India to manufacture Glock.

I am not 100% sure but what appears to be is that CMT imports them as ‘parts’, assembles them and sells under the name of CMT India.
Sir, by law are they allowed to import parts, assemble them and sell in India?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:50 pm

Law says that only parts those can not be manufactured can be imported. But they are importing complete pistol. Atleast major parts like frame, slide and barrel should be made here.

But in a country like USA where all facilities are available, Glock manufactures only one or two models. Rest are imported from Austria. So Glock to manufacture in India is no way possible.
Vineet Armoury

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:25 pm

Thank you for the information Vineet ji. From customer point of view I think made in Austria is a good thing, only issue is its not readily available for purchase.

PrakalpSingh16
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PrakalpSingh16 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 pm

Vineet Sir is it possible to assemble a weapon in india after importing its parts from the country the company originally manfucature. Is their any such law which may allows so??. And if it is possible than can other international tie-ups too will try this ?? .

Secondly here in Agra U.P there is no proper info about glock. Dealer know that the weapons was sheduled to be launched in 2023 but when the weapon will be avialable and at what prices.. No idea.

Please reply Vinnet Sir. It is a humble request.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:02 pm

PrakalpSingh16 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 pm
Vineet Sir is it possible to assemble a weapon in india after importing its parts from the country the company originally manfucature. Is their any such law which may allows so??. And if it is possible than can other international tie-ups too will try this ?? .
D044932C-9EEB-4EED-AA90-1702934D9066.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:29 am

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:25 pm
Thank you for the information Vineet ji. From customer point of view I think made in Austria is a good thing, only issue is its not readily available for purchase.
Yes from customer point it’s good. It’s initial period yet. Will easily take couple of years to be readily available for purchase.
Vineet Armoury

PrakalpSingh16
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PrakalpSingh16 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:43 am

Vineet wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:02 pm
PrakalpSingh16 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 pm
D044932C-9EEB-4EED-AA90-1702934D9066.jpeg
Thankyou for the reply Vineet Sir.
Good if govt allows atleast the import of parts. Hope Glock availability is better. Really a good step for a better Indian Gun Culture .

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashrafi1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:45 pm

Unboxing of CMT Glock 21.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:03 am

CMT have 10 acre manufacturing plant in Tiruvallur Distt TN.But you are right all items were imported not made in India.
Who will buy those malhotra junks and dealer junk called imported.

Have you seen in any media Glock announcing partnership with CMT in India or making plants in India?
Apart from Indian media.
Glock 21 is priced just below 5 Lakh

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:34 am

Vineet wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:50 pm
Law says that only parts those can not be manufactured can be imported. But they are importing complete pistol. Atleast major parts like frame, slide and barrel should be made here.

But in a country like USA where all facilities are available, Glock manufactures only one or two models. Rest are imported from Austria. So Glock to manufacture in India is no way possible.
Every manufacture who got license doesn't have even tools and machines to make pistols.let alone manufacturing plant and die setup.
every one ordered parts from abroad and assembled here.like malhotra ordered CNC cut parts.webleys are made by local gunsmith and same
with seikh arms using local gunsmiths.Glock imported pistols like else did and else failed.
US plant is subsidiary of Glock and there can be other peoples also.manufacturing there is like giving up trade secret(not sure) or Glock is unable to make a pistol in 100 dollars in USA but in Austria they can make a pistol under 100 dollars.thats why they are importing it from Austria.
Who want to buy then buy soon.when pistols starts coming out with only CMT written on it then understand its junk.

PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:36 am

:agree:

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:31 am

Kittu wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:03 am
CMT have 10 acre manufacturing plant in Tiruvallur Distt TN.But you are right all items were imported not made in India.

Have you seen in any media Glock announcing partnership with CMT in India or making plants in India?
Apart from Indian media.
Any particular reason for calling Malhotra company's pistol junk? I dont own one but what I have heard from one who owns one. I had positive feedback from that person. I too want more options and would prefer foreign handgun in present scenario, but seeing Indian private companies making good firearms also feels good. We need our own firearms industry and its a must for our nations security. For what I know Malhotra company delivered a good product and did not postpone their launch dates multiple times. Foreign manufacturers had good time and experience in developing firearms so they are good at it, once our desi companies get the same trials and errors they will also get par with foreign manufacturers, and who knows even deliver something better. We have done it in aerospace, nobody thought India would be a major aerospace competitor few decades ago, but here we are with the cheapest options for aerospace exploration.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:05 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:31 am
Kittu wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:03 am

Apart from Indian media.
Any particular reason for calling Malhotra company's pistol junk? I dont own one but what I have heard from one who owns one. I had positive feedback from that person. I too want more options and would prefer foreign handgun in present scenario, but seeing Indian private companies making good firearms also feels good. We need our own firearms industry and its a must for our nations security. For what I know Malhotra company delivered a good product and did not postpone their launch dates multiple times. Foreign manufacturers had good time and experience in developing firearms so they are good at it, once our desi companies get the same trials and errors they will also get par with foreign manufacturers, and who knows even deliver something better. We have done it in aerospace, nobody thought India would be a major aerospace competitor few decades ago, but here we are with the cheapest options for aerospace exploration.
Just don't buy it.you know one person and I knows 6 persons
who have Malhotra. 45.Buy Glock 21it's best you can get.Court is going to do nothing who can make glock parts like slides it's their propriety and it can only be made in their own facility in Austria.Court will see appeal as dragging India back in self reliance.What if they imported after sometime they will start manufacturing in India. Glock don't want to share all of their tech so early with their new partners.What Webley will say Webley England makes only airguns now.from where they got their tech and why using a airgun manufacturer name on firearm.Webley Scott along with tech and machines got sold in 1987 to a Pakistani firm.Malhotras got all their parts machined abroad in CNC.They have a cheap single 3 axis CNC lying in a room which they call plant.
No one will go to court for good cause but if something good is happening for consumers everyone will reach court to pull it down.They can't compete with CMT and Glock in quality and price.glock manufacturing cost is 100 dollars in Austria.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:48 pm

Finally, some action! Will CMT also be delivering ammo to the market? Which caliber is recommended for now aside from 22lr?