Online Arms application

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Online Arms application

Post by Biren » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:51 pm

Hi all,

Application for ARMS online has been made available since some time and there is no discussion on the same. Now instead of facing issues like what happened to application or where it has reached now Gov has decided to deal it straight online. Good prim facia Whether the same is good or bad only time and experience will tell. Members experience and comments.

Rgds
Barinder

For Advertising mail webmaster
pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Online Arms application

Post by pgupta » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 pm

It's a sham, application are accepted but license issue is by the grace of God or....

I applied 2 years ago under heirloom and I still don't have any clue what happened to it.
Mails goes unanswered and citizen is left clueless.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashrafi1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:24 pm

pgupta wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 pm
It's a sham, application are accepted but license issue is by the grace of God or....

I applied 2 years ago under heirloom and I still don't have any clue what happened to it.
Which state?

varun_j
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by varun_j » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:26 pm

Nowdays govt is trying to bring some transparency into this messy system.

In my state haryana, govt has made application online some half year ago and deadline is set at every step. We can also track application.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:02 pm

ashrafi1 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:24 pm
pgupta wrote:

Which state?
Delhi
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashrafi1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:13 pm

pgupta wrote:

I applied under heirloom along with my friend who applied for fresh arms license online 4 months back and both have got the license approved.(Still awaiting the License book)
No doubt its very easy to apply online,just have to post or send the hard copies in person and its submitted.
But we need to follow up at the local police station and get a recommendation by the Police Inspector which is a huge task, then have to continue following up the file stage by stage and try to get it approved and move it quickly above (Local Police Stn -ACP Office-DCP office and then Commissioners office).

In general if you have the right supporting documents for you to get a licence,i don't think its that big an issue to get a licence.

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:35 pm

Here is some news regards to arm licence expiry:

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/patna/6 ... WVr44V1tVM

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:05 pm

One wonders whether this is a case of neglect or a purposeful imposition of views that takes advantage of a civil position's responsibility.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:03 pm

Timmy,
Let's hope for, this things of neglect from govt officials will reduce. There will be positive thing in future. One thing i personally feel that the govt also understands importance of self defence/ protection. I feel that's why this private manufacturers licence. Let's hope for easing the lisence process.