Purchase of Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Purchase of Pistol

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sat May 20, 2023 2:41 pm

Hi,
I am in waiting list of GLock and currently 16th in line, but have lost hope to be able to buy it as the company and dealer are least bothered to provide me an update.

I am looking if anyone in the forum owns a gun shop/dealership for arms and can provide me with information of which models are readily available in the market without waiting as my license has just a month before it exceeds the time limit provided by commissionerate. I am not interested in the 45 bores or 1911s. And also if someone wants to or knows someone who wants to sell their imported weapon in good condition. I live in Gujarat but I can manage to travel to other states too.

Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shadmohammed
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Purchase of Pistol

Post by Shadmohammed » Mon May 22, 2023 10:03 am

go for rfi mark 2
cheap n best

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Mon May 22, 2023 4:50 pm

Shadmohammed wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:03 am
go for rfi mark 2
cheap n best
Thanks, But I am in process to book the ASTR .32x

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Mon May 22, 2023 7:09 pm

How to book Astr .32? And how can we be sure it wont end like CMTPL glock?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 pm

Quality of Astr will be confirmed once it actually comes in market. Even Raptor looked good in pics…..
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Tue May 23, 2023 3:27 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:09 pm
You can contact the company directly via email/telephone.
They are very quick with the query, They will guide you to book it. They need you to fill up a form and pay a booking amount directly to the company, they will acknowledge it and direct your booking to your nearest arms dealer.

CMT was not asking for any amount, The genuineness of ASTR can be made certain as they actively participated in the defence expo in Gujarat, and if you're skeptical I have done the booking formalities and will update the forum in regards with the further formalities. They also claim they have an in-house fire testing license and manufacturing license.

If you're furthermore skeptical let the weapon hit markets and gun bloggers/individual make review of the weapon.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Thu May 25, 2023 12:40 pm

Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:27 pm
UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:09 pm
You can contact the company directly via email/telephone.
They are very quick with the query, They will guide you to book it. They need you to fill up a form and pay a booking amount directly to the company, they will acknowledge it and direct your booking to your nearest arms dealer.

CMT was not asking for any amount, The genuineness of ASTR can be made certain as they actively participated in the defence expo in Gujarat, and if you're skeptical I have done the booking formalities and will update the forum in regards with the further formalities. They also claim they have an in-house fire testing license and manufacturing license.

If you're furthermore skeptical let the weapon hit markets and gun bloggers/individual make review of the weapon.
Please let us know the procedure, delivery time and your experience.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Thu May 25, 2023 2:08 pm

Since you wanted to know the procedure I followed to book the ASTR Defence .32. Here's the process

BTW- the comPany released a "SHOOTING VIDEO" of the ATAL pistol ON THEIR OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL..

- I first emailed the company on its official email which I got from the official website since the website was missing a lot of section and was still incomplete I was a bit skeptical too. I displayed interest on buying.

- They were very quick with the reply and sent me their brochure and booking form. I asked for a few details like delivery, booking amount, licenses from government and few details about the weapon.

- I did few research, I live in Gujarat and came to know that the defence expo was held in Gujarat where they participated and showcased their weapon and came to know via their director that they are already supplying to the government, It is relatively new company. They said that it takes around 45 days for the delivery and may take longer if documentation/NOC from your end is missing.

- I filled up the form which included details like a your arms license number, UIN, address, PAN and BOOKING AMOUNT OF INR 5000 with the transaction reference ID.

-After that I inquired that I live in Gujarat and the company is based from Karnataka, It would be feasible if the weapon is made ready to me someplace else, They explained process, They first take booking from you and then they redirect your booking to your nearest dealer and then you have to deal with them, THe 5000 INR you gave will be deducted in the final payment, the payment is to be given to the dealer and the weapon will be delivered. Now they will have to contact an arms dealer for the delivery where I think the dealer will add their commission to the pistol.

Over-all I cannot comment much as I'm myself in the process, till now I have called the company and they have been cooperating, Lets see what happens in the coming days. I am yet to get acknowledgment of the payment, I was however very much interested as it is the first indigenous polymer pistol developed by our country. And I'm unsure how much will the dealer add to the price, so a lot of mystery but i took a hunch and risk to book one. Lets see, As mentioned earlier I had booked the 22LR Glock 44 but they had some problems and simultaneously I sold my weapon and apparently you cannot keep an arms license without an allotted firearm for too long, you get some 5-7 months to purchase a new weapon on that license so in a hurry I booked this good looking ATAL.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri May 26, 2023 12:46 am

Thanks for this information. I just emailed to Astr for info. Let's see.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Fri May 26, 2023 11:03 am

Thank you for the info Pratipalsingh ji. If possible please let us know the price of pistol.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Fri May 26, 2023 11:25 am

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:03 am
Thank you for the info Pratipalsingh ji. If possible please let us know the price of pistol.
2 Lakh Including GST.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ashok raju » Fri May 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Jadeja,

Keep us posted further developments about your booking....

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sat May 27, 2023 3:29 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:03 am
You're Welcome.
The Price is kept at 1,99,950 which INCLUDES GST, The weapon will be sold via a dealer so the dealer might charge some commission or his cut as he was involved in the process.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sun May 28, 2023 9:37 am

I had a conversation with their representative. If anyone wants to get the number please see the description in their YT video. I was informed that their first batch will start rolling off in 40 days. The person seemed legit and answered all the queries with patience. In conclusion I decided to wait for some time till their model is available with dealers.

pkaran
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pkaran » Tue May 30, 2023 10:29 am

Hi,

I would have preferred a Glock failing which a Smith & Wesson. However, because I was placed exactly in a position as you, I had to select the third one in order of preference and chose the Ashani Mark –III which I consider to be the best among the rest of the lot. Read the reviews of this model on Youtube. It has a decent look, finish and performance. Note that it is a .32 bore pistol and NOT meant for target practice but for personal protection. Hence, it will not give you the accuracy expected of a .22 revolver. The only negative I find in it is that it does not have a decocker which can be found in the later versions of foreign models. My 10 shot Ashani MK-III was fully loaded when I wanted to take a few shots at the rifle club. After a few shots, I decided to finish off but the magazine would not eject because a bullet was still in the chamber. Since it is unsafe to carry a weapon in cocked position, I had to empty the entire magazine. Experts recommend that one should not go for a pistol without a decocker. I do not know whether a Glock has a decocker. Ashani MK-III may be available with Hatia at Surat. Take a close look at it and you might like it. If you should buy it from other States or directly from the manufacturer, you need to have a buying permission from your licensing authority and a transport permit from the State you choose to buy from, unless your licence has a national validity. Buying from IOF Cossipore, the manufacturer, would be cheaper by Rs 50,000 or thereabout! When you pay the full amount at one single go, IOF will place you on priority list. Besides, they will see the expiry date of your licence and you can get the delivery preponed. Liaise with them to facilitate an early delivery. Good luck!