One more gun manufacturer enters the Market

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

One more gun manufacturer enters the Market

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Wed May 24, 2023 4:23 pm

Its just been days since I had posted regarding the ASTR, Webley .32 pistol, etc.

I recently came across an "AMAR Hi-Tech Stallion Classic Compact .32 Revolver".

Now I think there will be a huge problem of sustainability and survival of arms manufacturing companies, because in country like ours where gun laws are very rigid and strict, and where only selected few gets arms license survival of companies is difficult because there is less demand and more supply. And even if companies claim they cater to government/army/state police weapon demands that too remains limited which is very difficult for companies to thrive and achieve greater margins as economies of scale will never be achieved, for higher margins the companies should be producing weapons in mass quantity.

On the contrary, I saw the video of the AMAR Hi-Tech revolver which is doing rounds on the internet.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: One more gun manufacturer enters the Market

Post by timmy » Thu May 25, 2023 4:03 am

Your analysis sounds correct to me:

1. The restrictive legal environment serves to keep the civilian firearms market small.
2. Economies of scale are less applicable in this environment.
3. Few companies are likely to remain successful in this environment.

You hint at supposed military and police sales, but here we may observe that these potential buyers will look for a different product than would be available for the civilian market, chiefly because of the 9mm limitation. Very little of the tooling for military and police weapons would be applicable to civilian market products. This doesn't correspond, after all, to the Tsarist and Soviet regimes using the same "large 30" (or 7.62mm) bore for long guns and handguns.

Another issue has to do with the cost of production. IOF derived firms will have old tooling comprising "sunk costs" compared to a newer, more innovative product requiring new tooling and technologies, like polymer and sintered parts. Such parts do have the possibility of lowering labor costs, but require expensive tooling and expertise in manufacturing procedures for newer materials, as well as understanding the operation of new tooling. Can the existing market support such investment? It is correct to question whether it can.

Neither internal or external investment is likely to risk capital when the expectation for profit rests on such a small market base.

It could be hoped that India could be like Turkey, and support a vibrant industry for export. Technical, financial, and intellectual resources would not be limiting in India's case, compared to Turkey. Governments, however, don't seem to be interested in an export based economic model, and coupled with an aversion to a robust firearms industry even for domestic needs, it would appear that civilian firearms are at the end of a long list of negatives within the current regulatory environment.

It may be possible for quality niche market products commanding a high price to survive, such as recent 45 Auto offerings. This, I think, is a positive development, as even the unfulfilled demand here could exert some amount of pressure for change -- if some vigilant "do-gooder" fails to limit even this minuscule development.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Ruari
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ruari » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Indian companies have the competence to operate on the World market and many of them do so successfully; I have tools made in India and the latest that I bought were two steel wedges for splitting hardwood.
They have given excellent service with no deformation or chipping despite being hit with an 8ib sledge hammer, which indicates excellent heat treatment.
With lower production costs Indian arms companies would be able to compete internationally all that is needed are good products.
Companies making reproduction muzzle loading guns are selling on the Europe and USA markets, so it can be done.
The quality of the old Ishapore Lee Enfields has never been in doubt and many hundreds of the 7.62mm versions are in use in Australia, where they are prized by the knowlegable..
Self Defence is not only a right, it is an Obligation.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:59 am

Ruari wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:19 pm
The quality of the old Ishapore Lee Enfields has never been in doubt and many hundreds of the 7.62mm versions are in use in Australia, where they are prized by the knowlegable..
I like mine, but I won't claim to be knowledgable due to my ownership.

The steel composition discussion of the 2A/2A1 is an interesting one.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

kanzakibullet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanzakibullet » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:58 pm

Is there any potential for liberalization of Indian gun laws?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:49 pm

Government not issuing arms licenses to civilians. Just wondering to whom will these companies sell to ?
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

jitsingh1977
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jitsingh1977 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi All,
I think this new manufacturer (Grand Power, Slovakia) is coming in india with huge prepration with variety and features, I believe they are here with competitive price,

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:57 am

Vineet wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:49 pm
Government not issuing arms licenses to civilians. Just wondering to whom will these companies sell to ?
Just joined the Site. Feel Disappointed on this. Having access in USA...Even with forks wanting to take limit our rights away since the rich can buy protection, I really feel for everyone here who should be able to enjoy whatever you want to call it. We are trying to educate people in USA dont let your rights go even if you dont have any interest in it. But it is much harder over there to have it be given. But Very well made point....if the Govt does not allow you to have it then what good is then even companies come over ? how is supply and demand going to work ? My hopes are dashed if I ever come over for anything else to visit and stay for a while over in my mother country ...All I have is to enjoy good food ? and Culture....where is the Gun Culture to enjoy ? I want to do it where there is no incoming :) only outgoing fun ...and ...be able to protect my self and family...Property I can replace ...Life is precious...I would like to begin with keeping my life and family well and the bad guy worry about his if it is valuable to him. Its country's best to have people who know how to handle the firearm well ....it is know fact that in WW1 or WW2 it was this that helped a lot with guys going to War what they had learned from hunting and put food on the table ...movies gives false narrative on what real firearms can do ...It is a tool like just any other but it is also an insurance policy to you hope not to claim it ...but it is there in case you need it.