Maher singh& sons jammu

Posts related to shotguns.
jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Maher singh& sons jammu

Post by jaz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Friends ,
If any body in the forun knows that maher singh & sons are still manufacturing guns ,I need there contact numbers PM me .the one given in gunaccessory have changed.

For Advertising mail webmaster
grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Maher singh& sons jammu

Post by grewal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Mehar Singh Khurmi and Sons do manufacture shot guns, and their guns are considered to be one of the best guns manufactured in India today . One of his brother also manufacturers guns in the name of Khurmi Gun Works . Both the products are identical and are easily available at most of the gun stores across north India . And you need not to go to jammu to buy one . I have a 12 bore dbbl of this company from the last 7 years and never missed a single shot, my gun has a 30 inch barrel and the stock is of really fine wood and above all luckily the serial number is 44444 . These days the price has really gone down and is easily available for 15k whereas as I bought one for 26k.

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Dear bro Grewal ,
I want to know maher singh's contact number as i want to inquire for o/u , some guys in Patiala told me that maher singh shotgun best desi o/u, but none local dealer stock accept sxs.

happyhunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by happyhunter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 pm

jaz wrote:Friends ,
If any body in the forun knows that maher singh & sons are still manufacturing guns ,I need there contact numbers PM me .the one given in gunaccessory have changed.
Wait a bit and you shall get it,dear. 8)
Beware that you do not lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. Aesop fables(ca.550BC)

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I would be grateful if I am also provided contact number of Mehar Singh & Sons. Thanks in advance.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Well jaz ,
When I bought my sxs shotgun I also saw an under over made my mehar singh , but decided not go for one because that gun is without an auto ejector and practically it was a bit difficult to put in and pull out a cartridge . And so I decided to go in for a side by side. Overall the fit and finish of a Mehar Singh U/O is outstanding . And above all you need not to go to Jammu to buy one . You can get one at M/s.********* ***********8 8********** Pataila . Tell him about my reference ( Prabhdeep Singh Grewal from Ludhiana ) and he will definitely give you a discount also. Even if he does not have a ready delivery he will arrange one for you. Mr ***** . He has a minimum retail price in the entire Punjab. Last time I bought ordinance no-1 cartridge for Rs-38/- per piece where as no body else was offering less than 45/-. ************************************. Wish you best of luck

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana.
Last edited by grewal on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 pm

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am

Prabdeep... I would certainly not admit to any 'flexibility' on an open forum. It would be a nice way to get you and your dealers into a spot of trouble.

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 am

Best to edit that, eh? All posts on this forum show up in google, if you search for them- so its safest not to include any personal, identifiable stuff.
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm

I know I have written it in an open forum , but the thing is that i have shared this with the my fellow forum members and it carries no legal relevance . I am not boosting about anything . It is an indication about the irony about the legal system that a person gets just a mere 25 cartridge quota for the whole year . And if I want to increase that quota I will need to grease various palm in the licensing authority office itself to get a legal work done .

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm

grewal wrote:Mehar Singh Khurmi and Sons do manufacture shot guns, and their guns are considered to be one of the best guns manufactured in India today .
Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana
:agree: :)

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I saw a O/U made by Mehar and Sons lately. I was rather impressed with it. It's made of EN24 steel, is simple and robust in design. Had a two extractor (atleast that what I made it out to be) and double triggers.

Made in 1999, with a fair amount of use, it still holds itself well. I am looking at shooting it at the end of the month. Will post my take on it then.

The only drawback I could see was the stock, rather puny for this shotgun, so the recoil spread will be restricted and may whip up a bit.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Katana wrote:It's made of EN24 steel
Are u sure.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Thu May 17, 2012 1:04 am

Absolutely. It's stamped on the right side of the boxlock receiver. Plus the 'feel' of the gun tells you it is EN24. I'll try and get you the pics when I handle it next.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 am

that will be great :)