.32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
surgeon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: .32 I.O.F Revolver vs .32 ASHANI Pistol

Post by surgeon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 am

y'day I saw beretta & C-Z .32 pistols alongwith IOF! Although the IOF was just 7 yrs old and the imported
stuff was more than 20 yrs, they were looking so new and excellent! Ofcourse the price of the 'firangi' weapons was beyond my limits.
One of the dealer told me that all the IOF revolvers are manufactured at Kanpur and they are just sold at Ambernath. However, I spoke to the marketing person of Ambernath on phone, according to them Ambernath OF itself makes the revolver and the price difference is because of the differences in the taxes of U.P & Mah. And yes, its Mk 2 revolver with improvised fire-pin. Nothing else is changed.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:39 am

Which CZ model was it?

Best

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Dear Surgeon,
This discussion has no ends but i wish to tell some hard facts about boththe IOF products from my own practical working experienceon these devices, here it goes:
Revolver:
1) more moving parts means more wear and tear,revolver has about 15 components on the run when u pull the trigger! dont forget that these r poorly machined or are completely left without machining.
2) if you happen to drop a revolver chances are100% that it will go out of time,fixing this problem requires lot of time and also is expensive even if it is S&W.this however still is IOF!
3) The chambers,cylinder and barrel on the average are poorly fitted and machined with all sorts of problems!
4) Ballistically, revolver cartridge develops about 3.5 Tons per square inch of pressure as compared to 7.5 tons with pistol ammo.(means more power)
5)Aiming and shooting with this revolver is difficult at it has higher point of discharge of projectile from the arm thrustline.therefore difficult to place shots accurately one after the other.The ammo is also not upm to the mark sometimes (corrosive primer)
Pistol
1.only 7 major parts come in action with the pull of trigger!
2. sturdy ,not affected if accidently dropped
3.barrel assembly is on the average acceptable on IOF pistol in most of the cases.
4,linear motion so easy to place shots subsequently point of discharge of projectile ismuch closer to the arm thrustline.
5.ammo on the average is OK, except sometimes the cases are little poorly machined in certain lotsthat makes feeding little erratic(this again can be taken care of).
dont forget that pistol is easy to maintain, shoot and carry,

BTW dont fool yourself buy thinking about the flying cases or the post crime forensics! i believe u dont want to go on a killing spree! :!: if you still do, then either of these won't serve your purpose :lol:

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm

sidhu saab ,
you are first person who have put technical light on this issue. Keep on posting.
bye

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:41 pm

:agree: This clears every thing.

ravineet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ravineet » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

I have recently applied for .32 pistol with OF. Waiting period is 12 months from registration.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Thank you Bobby,

Your post is very informative and I am sure a lot of members would benefit from it.

How about posting your opinion about the IOF 30.06 rifle in the appropriate thread ?

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by NK007 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

HI 2 ALL GUNFRIENDS HERE..

SURGEON ,HOPE U REM. ME. :)

PL GO FOR .32 IOF REVOLVER..

AT THE MOMENT IT WILL SUFFICE YOUR NEED OF SELF PROTECTION FULLY..

KEEP FIRING..

NK

Lower case please.

Mod

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the pointers.

It's something that's always in the tip of my tongue but never really surfaced in the coherent manner you presented.

If you don't mind I'll copy paste it to argue when needed.... ;)

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

hi CC ,
this was for all u guys there ,u can do what u feel like with the post,i wont mind at all 8) .
regards
bobby

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Bobby,
The post about IOF revolver vs pistol is really informative , just out of personal preference , Revolver just provides extra confidence under that stress situation where you cannot afford the jam or light primer strike specially with single action pistol , i am not sure how individual would react under do or die situation but for first six shot under self defence situation i prefer a well maintened s&w revolver .This is just my preference and friends in forum can have differnt choise.
James....

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 am

Hi,
My general understanding was that normally revolvers are more sturdy , reliable and have less moving parts than pistols.
http://home.earthlink.net/~murph864/ar ... vauto.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _68704861/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handgun

Bobby you have made some good points in your writeup and they might be right in context to IOF products.
It would be great to have other peoples opinion also who have experience with both of them.

Regards
MSandhu

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Dear members,
after reading the articles cited above, there certainly are some good things about revolvers but,Contrary to what james has said jamming of weapon is not only associated with semi autos or autos,there have been so many instances where people have come to me with jammed revolvers and in most cases broken firing pin, bend bolt stop,debris,most of the time fired cases buldging in the chambers and the rubbing on the breech face including that also on S&Ws and colts etc!
what would you do if your firing pin breakes or the pin holding it in place on S&W and webleys etc also IOF is missing? ofcourse a cartridge can be pulled out and replaced with a new one in case of jam in an auto but tere are no chanches to put the rev back in action in a similar situation.moreover writers often write that springs get weak in auto magazines etc etc i dont agree to this!it is because of the fact thatthe steel used in both the weapon springs is of same grade/quality except if some one has replaced the original with a counterfeit! so this theory ends here.moreover old revolvers that have leaf or V springs tends to have spring failure problems the the revolvers taht have coil springs in them! anyhow in modern springmakin the life of spring depends more or less on the stresscyclec than the temporary stress.(in situation where we keep the hammers on both the firearm cocked the chances of missing are equal)
in the end the best example i would like to give here is that no military paramilitary of developed countries uses revolvers as close combat arm if the ammo is poorly manufactured the no firearm would function reliably.
GIVEN QUALITY AMMO AND MAINTENANCE TO BOTH THE ARMS,THE PISTOL WOULD ANYDAY OUTSHOOT THE REVOLVER IN A SIMILAR SITUATION NO MATTER WHAT.

REGARDS
BOBBY

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Must say, I found Bobby Sidhu a very competent gunsmith and unusually straight forward .....

Nishant

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi BOBBY , I do appreciate your explanation and knowledge about the weapon . Regards James.....