Need help in zeroing my Achilles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Abhilashdsar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Abhilashdsar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 am

Hello everyone,
I didn't used any scope till day, so I need your help to adjust the scope, sorry for my basic quarries.
I need suggestions --- at what angle, distance required to zeroing a gun of 850 fps (pricihole Achilles)for best results.
---- Confused by how we know to hold over and hold under a scope.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
GNV
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by GNV » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Try chairgun app to find the zero

Abhilashdsar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Abhilashdsar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:26 pm

GNV wrote:Try chairgun app to find the zero
Thanks sir, I will try and update you.

Sombit
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Sombit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 am

1)Seat the gun on a rest at 10 m from a white paper. Ask someone to hold down the rifle firmly so that it doesn't move at all even after a shot.
2)Shoot a random shot. See where the pellet hit
3) Now without moving the rifle even a bit adjust the scope to focus exactly on the bullet hole.
4) If your rifle has not moved even a bit, then your zeroing is complete. If not, repeat again.

Abhilashdsar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Abhilashdsar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:10 pm

(y) thanks sombit ji for your support and extremely sorry for delay.
Sombit wrote:1)Seat the gun on a rest at 10 m from a white paper. Ask someone to hold down the rifle firmly so that it doesn't move at all even after a shot.
2)Shoot a random shot. See where the pellet hit
3) Now without moving the rifle even a bit adjust the scope to focus exactly on the bullet hole.
4) If your rifle has not moved even a bit, then your zeroing is complete. If not, repeat again.

User avatar
GNV
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by GNV » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:33 am

Is this first time you are using a scope.

Abhilashdsar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Abhilashdsar » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Yes

User avatar
GNV
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by GNV » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.

Abhilashdsar
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Abhilashdsar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 am

GNV wrote:Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.
Dear sir, first thanks for your guidance, I downloaded the app two times but failed.it need lot of inputs n calculation and need expertise,hence very difficult for a newbie like me. But I like the app and I will pm you to understand chairgun app if u welcomes.

User avatar
GNV
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 am
Location: Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by GNV » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am

Abhilashdsar wrote:
GNV wrote:Download and study Chairgun App. You will know a lot of things about using a scope. There are many variable that one need to know when using a scope. Near zero,& far zero. And height of the scope, magnification being used etc. Once you understand you will enjoy long distance shooting. But to get accurate trajectory graphs you need to know the fps at which your gun is shooting with a particular pellet. For that you need a Chrony. You can also plot trajectories without a chrony. But it involves a lot of work and patience. Once you understand about trajectories then you can graduate to strelok app and you would love it. PM me if you want any directions.
Dear sir, first thanks for your guidance, I downloaded the app two times but failed.it need lot of inputs n calculation and need expertise,hence very difficult for a newbie like me. But I like the app and I will pm you to understand chairgun app if u welcomes.
You are welcome
GNV

sidarix
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by sidarix » Fri May 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello gentlemen

My name is Siddharth and I recently bought my first PCP, the PX100 Achilles. I did over a thousand shots in the last two weeks and every single one hit more or less where I wanted it to, give or take half inch.

Today when I started my daily shooting, the point of impact was 3-4 inches to the right of my aimpoint. I adjusted the windage by giving it clicks to the left and even after I ran out of clicks and left it at the point where it can't move anymore to the left. Even now it is still shooting an inch or two to the right. What can I do to zero my sights?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Scarecrow3
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:04 am
Location: Gurgaon, HR

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Scarecrow3 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:38 pm

sidarix wrote:Hello gentlemen

My name is Siddharth and I recently bought my first PCP, the PX100 Achilles. I did over a thousand shots in the last two weeks and every single one hit more or less where I wanted it to, give or take half inch.

Today when I started my daily shooting, the point of impact was 3-4 inches to the right of my aimpoint. I adjusted the windage by giving it clicks to the left and even after I ran out of clicks and left it at the point where it can't move anymore to the left. Even now it is still shooting an inch or two to the right. What can I do to zero my sights?

Thanks in advance.
You didn't happen to drop the gun did you? Same thing happened to me and it's then that I realized that the scope tube was ever so slightly bent to one side. This wasn't clearly visible to the naked eye. Turns out my maid dropped it while trying to pick it up from the couch :(
There are daggers in men's smiles.

Dr_Deol
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:46 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Dr_Deol » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Easy and quick method is by laser bore sighter. I bought this kit from Ali express. Cost was approx rs 700 . It's very easy to use. I had Bushnell 4*20 , led flashlight and a laser sight attached to my Achilles. Its help me to shot in night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr_Deol
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:46 am

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by Dr_Deol » Sat May 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Today, I got nice grouping at 40 mts. Pellet was round head precihole. 10 shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sidarix
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Re: Need help in zeroing my Achilles

Post by sidarix » Sun May 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Scarecrow3 wrote:
sidarix wrote:Hello gentlemen

My name is Siddharth and I recently bought my first PCP, the PX100 Achilles. I did over a thousand shots in the last two weeks and every single one hit more or less where I wanted it to, give or take half inch.

Today when I started my daily shooting, the point of impact was 3-4 inches to the right of my aimpoint. I adjusted the windage by giving it clicks to the left and even after I ran out of clicks and left it at the point where it can't move anymore to the left. Even now it is still shooting an inch or two to the right. What can I do to zero my sights?

Thanks in advance.
You didn't happen to drop the gun did you? Same thing happened to me and it's then that I realized that the scope tube was ever so slightly bent to one side. This wasn't clearly visible to the naked eye. Turns out my maid dropped it while trying to pick it up from the couch :(
I didn't drop it but I ended up solving the problem. The front sight wasn't aligned properly, my friends were looking at the rifle the previous day and must have messed with it.

Took me about 200 shots or so, trial and error to get it properly. I removed the front sight and slightly changed it's position and then reset the rear-sight. I still have to zero it properly but better than before.

Attaching the group I managed to get after doing it.

[img]
D8B6EAF3-090A-4B24-897A-7C1961C8A87C.JPG
[/img]

As you can see in the image, the sheet on the bottom has shots all over the place. That's how it was before I fixed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply