Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
veeveeaar
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by veeveeaar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Glock, Beretta etc is still a dream for Indians. Once I Heard that one desert eagle was sold in Punjab in approx 45 Lakhs. Don't Know its fact or Not.
Then you must have a armed guard to safeguard that 45 lakh weapon. :D :D :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:16 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Glock, Beretta etc is still a dream for Indians. Once I Heard that one desert eagle was sold in Punjab in approx 45 Lakhs. Don't Know its fact or Not.
Then you must have a armed guard to safeguard that 45 lakh weapon. :D :D :D
That's in fact a good idea. Buy an expensive pistol/Weapon and also request for Addition of Weapon in the AL for the protection of the previous.. :) :) :) :) :)
Regards

Shivaji

partheus
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by partheus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.

User avatar
mundaire
We really post a lot
We really post a lot
Posts: 5071
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm

partheus wrote:Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.
Last I heard prices of .357 Sig Glock with a spare .22 barrel set was going for INR 35 L in Delhi (2 years or so back), but then just a few weeks back I heard of someone demanding INR 50 L for a Glock in .380 (no spare barrel).

This despite the overall prices of guns having gone down in the past couple of years (as very few fresh licenses are being issued).

Ergo, there is no "real" ballpark price, just based on how desperate the buyer is and how good a negotiator the seller is...

Even if someone can afford it, I've always suggested buying reasonably priced guns and spending the money saved on shooting ammunition at the range.

After all a gun isn't a talisman that will magically protect you! You need to spend time and money on practice to become proficient in its use.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

partheus
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by partheus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:25 pm

mundaire wrote:
partheus wrote:Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.
Last I heard prices of .357 Sig Glock with a spare .22 barrel set was going for INR 35 L in Delhi (2 years or so back), but then just a few weeks back I heard of someone demanding INR 50 L for a Glock in .380 (no spare barrel).

This despite the overall prices of guns having gone down in the past couple of years (as very few fresh licenses are being issued).

Ergo, there is no "real" ballpark price, just based on how desperate the buyer is and how good a negotiator the seller is...

Even if someone can afford it, I've always suggested buying reasonably priced guns and spending the money saved on shooting ammunition at the range.

After all a gun isn't a talisman that will magically protect you! You need to spend time and money on practice to become proficient in its use.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Good lord! Agreed, why buy a gun I'd rather die trying to protect :D By the by, any suggestions that might work in place?

Thanks!

User avatar
mundaire
We really post a lot
We really post a lot
Posts: 5071
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:45 am

There are plenty of options available at a fraction of the above prices, it would be best to contact your local dealers to see what they have available and at what asking prices.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OneWildlifer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 am

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by OneWildlifer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 am

Please entertain this question for the sake of understanding. If one has a PB License for a 9mm Pistol. Then how does one go ahead to procure a weapon such as Glock 17? Can one approach a dealer to get it imported? Or how does it work?

IPS officers these days are given Glock 17, so how can a Public Servant (under this section) import such weapon?

User avatar
mundaire
We really post a lot
We really post a lot
Posts: 5071
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

Please see viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2779 , except for certain special circumstances import of firearms in banned since 1986. Even if you do find a dealer selling a Glock 17 in 9mm, you may not find 9mm ammo being sold at many places, even though it is made by IOFB - as there is little to no civilian demand for this calibre ammo.

For Public Servants, their respective department can import and issue a firearm (to assist said public servant in the discharge of his/ her duty) as it deems fit. If will however, remain property of the state. Furthermore, government employees (for e.g. policemen, defence personnel) do not require a license for such firearms issued for them to use in the course of their service.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by Vineet » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 pm

OneWildlifer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 am
Please entertain this question for the sake of understanding. If one has a PB License for a 9mm Pistol. Then how does one go ahead to procure a weapon such as Glock 17? Can one approach a dealer to get it imported? Or how does it work?

IPS officers these days are given Glock 17, so how can a Public Servant (under this section) import such weapon?
The thing is that you think if someone is having a PB 9 mm license to buy a pistol then he has power to import a pistol. No he does not.

The ban on import of weapons for civilians is same on both NPB and PB weapons. The process to buy a PB weapon is same as to buy a NPB weapon.

If one has a PB license to buy a 9mm pistol, then he will either have to buy it from a licensee who has a PB 9mm pistol on his license and wants to sell it or buy from a registered Arms Dealer who has trade license to deal in PB weapons.

The Glock 17 you see with IPS are government weapons imported by state government or central govt. for various agencies like police, CISF, CRPF etc. The glock 17 is not endorsed on personal arms license of the IPS who is carrying it.

Like there were NPB weapons imported in India before the import ban similarly PB weapons were also imported then. Our local Congress leader has a 9 mm MP5 rifle registered on his PB license. He imported it before the ban on import of weapons. Similarly many PB weapons were imported before the ban and these weapons are available for sale from time to time.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us
One of Us
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 am
Location: Jammu, J&K

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:06 am

Vineet wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Our local Congress leader has a 9 mm MP5 rifle registered on his PB license. He imported it before the ban on import of weapons. Similarly many PB weapons were imported before the ban and these weapons are available for sale from time to time.
was a SMG allowed for civilians to keep, before the Ban? or was it semi auto? Very interesting case indeed.

User avatar
mundaire
We really post a lot
We really post a lot
Posts: 5071
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by mundaire » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 am

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:06 am
Vineet wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Our local Congress leader has a 9 mm MP5 rifle registered on his PB license. He imported it before the ban on import of weapons. Similarly many PB weapons were imported before the ban and these weapons are available for sale from time to time.
was a SMG allowed for civilians to keep, before the Ban? or was it semi auto? Very interesting case indeed.
SMG (i.e. full auto would not be permissible to own), MP5's were (and are) sold in many civilian markets internationally as semi-auto pistols.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

marksman
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 pm
Location: India

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by marksman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Hate the trigger the Glock. Every time I squeeze the trigger , a cork will fly out I feel. Imagine paying Lacs for a pistol worth $400/. It happens only in India.

Marksman

Post Reply