False Alert!!!

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
gunner007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

False Alert!!!

Post by gunner007 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Be Careful Of Hawkers Selling Firearms!!!

These rising cases of murders, shootings and other types of crimes makes me wonder: "Where do these criminals get their gun from?" They don't have a licence for their guns, do they? Then, where do they buy their guns? After a bit of googling, wiki-ing and sharing information with others, and also scanning newspapers and magazines, i came to now that these guns and other sorts of firearms are sold openly at Bangladesh just like vegetables!! Apparently, there's a place in Bangladesh called Cox's Bazar where all these types of deals take place. And the variety of firearms you get there is really frightening.....you will find Berettas, Colts, Kalashnikovs, AK-47s, Insas and even in some cases rocket launchers!! Prices of pistols start at Rs.1 Lakh onwards whereas the Insas and Kalashikovs are priced at Rs.7 lakh onwards. You will even get grenades, handbombs, teargas shells and loads of ammo of all types for sale.
And from where do these people get these firearms for sale???? THe primary suppliers are from failed rebellions of foreign nations where the uncaptured rebels sell their firearms and other goods to these people. Other suppliers include illegal foreign arms factory, smugglers etc. After purchase, these weapons are smuggled into the respective countries for illegal use and this is how the criminals become armed!! According to a survey, many states in India have a huge number of unlicenced firearms and in some states, this toll amy go as high as 9 lakh unlicenced guns!!!

So why am I telling this to you????

Remember, I am NOT giving you a demo or a tuorial how to buy guns!!! I am just making you people aware of the illegal activities across the border that enrich the arsenals of Indian crimelords and their goons. We all need to know the truth and be aware of the facts.It is often difficult to catch the real criminal suppliers of arms but we can all be vigilant atleast. Just remember, if you want to buy a gun and some one says "I can get one for you and that too without licence" don't fall for that. It's plain simple from where that "someone" will get the gun from. We cannot definitely put an end to this, but we can definitely help the Government tackle this problem.

WHAT DO YOU SAY GUYS????????

And one last thing: Always be on your guard. Whether you are on a date with your girlfriend, dining out with your family, partying with your friends, keep a good observation on your surroundings for anything you find disturbing. Just try it...........................
A man who lets his guard down, lets his country down

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Red Alert!!!

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Thanks for the warning, though with the huge swadeshi gun running business in full swing, I doubt if the local Gabbar orders his handguns from Cox bazaar.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon May 31, 2010 12:32 am

hamiclar01 wrote:Thanks for the warning, though with the huge swadeshi gun running business in full swing, I doubt if the local Gabbar orders his handguns from Cox bazaar.
Also from what one reads in the newspapers,the prices given are too high.Some time back in an article the figure was 1 lakh for an AK in India.Pistols were much cheaper.I think the figure given was 40-50,000/- or such.

How is keeping a sharp look out going to help in the eventuality of a confrontation with an armed criminal?

I hope the MHA puts up signs like this all over India

miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by miss_3006 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 am

hamiclar01 wrote:Thanks for the warning, though with the huge swadeshi gun running business in full swing, I doubt if the local Gabbar orders his handguns from Cox bazaar.
Oh boy will you be surprised when you know the reality is totally different! Not to say your local goon goes shopping in Cox Bazar or Dera Adam Khel himself but the network is widespread. Gone are the days when you expect him to whip out a "katta" made of crude GI pipe.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 31, 2010 1:00 am

There was an article a few weeks back stating that "kattas" were being sold in Haryana for as low as 200 Rupees a pop! That's less than 5 US dollars for a (single shot) disposable, untraceable handgun!! Why would anyone cross the border, pay such high prices, try to smuggle back the contraband when local suppliers can offer the criminal firearms at such throw away prices??!!

BTW - FYI all, Bangladesh still carries on with the old British time Arms Act of 1878. So it is not as if citizens there are free to buy whatever arms they feel like. Legally they must produce valid arms licenses, etc. before they can purchase arms/ ammo. Gunner007, please check your source, it does not sound like what you have written is anywhere close to reality. You seem to have been misinformed.

IIRC we have a long time member who is a Bangladeshi national (and an RKBA activist there), and even though he is not active these days, I would be happy to e-mail him to visit this thread to clarify.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

gunner007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: False Alert!!!

Post by gunner007 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Sorry!!!

There seems to be a lot of confusion over my recent post. Seems that maybe I have posted something incorrect. But I can assure you guys, not all of the information I gave is wrong. There maybe some discripancies though. I'll check the newspapers and magazines once again and let you know this weekend. And I would also like to apologise to the members of this forum for postiing something without proper and acurate verification.

And I would also like to thank those who pointed out my mistake and informed me about the errors in my post. Thans a lot guys!!! :) :) :)

As I study in Class XII and i'll be apperaing for my Joints next year, I won't be able to visit here till Sunday. But i'll definitely check and verify my sources of information and let you know the correct details.

Bye Guys...........
See you on Sunday..............................

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon May 31, 2010 9:01 pm

i do know that bangaldesh price are a little to high, compared to our prices, which are a lot less. then 1lac for an AK? must be a fringi price :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:22 pm

gunner007 wrote:
And one last thing: Always be on your guard. Whether you are on a date with your girlfriend, dining out with your family, partying with your friends, keep a good observation on your surroundings for anything you find disturbing.
:agree:

The fact that it's been sold illegally and openly, and the fact that you've mentioned where it's sold, confirms that all govt.s, be it Bangladeshi and Indian, know about it.

And, no need to apologize.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 31, 2010 10:52 pm

As m24 says, no worries and no need for apologies. On more than one occasion, I've had the good fortune of being corrected by more knowledgeable chaps here... take it in the right spirit and you will learn tons from everyone :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. 'luck with your boards this year, I remember them as being quite stressful... and keep visiting :!: :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon May 31, 2010 11:25 pm

First let me tell gunner007 there is nothing to panic or get alarmed, arms have been with humans from day one of civilization, until people with imperialist/colonial tendencies began to rule this earth and started disarming their subjects give various excuses not very different from present day rulers. Even if each and every citizen of this country gets armed, blood is not going to flow on the streets. On the contrary there will be balance of power between criminals and law abiding. Criminals will loose the monopoly of violence. Firearms are simple machines, they have been with humans even when there were no modern amenities like electricity, paved roads or computers etc. They can be manufactured in jungles, caves, huts etc. and even by children. Therefore plenty of firearms are available in India itself, there is no need for any criminal to go outside India, and the best of all, the police is a part of business in most of the cases. An interesting article has been written by a respected journalist Mrinal Pande and I quote a part of it below:
Profits are high as each tamancha costs them roughly Rs250 to manufacture and is sold for twice as much at least. The gunsmiths make something like Rs1 lakh a month on an average. During elections, profits rise as they receive bulk orders and must work with a team to meet deadlines.
This industry exists in both urban and rural areas, but given a skimpy presence of the police in the rural hinterland, most factories function from nearby villages and employ hundreds. The villagers are also avid buyers of firearms in this region. Everyone here who must guard his crops and share in irrigation waters and travel to cities every now and then carrying cash, sports a tamancha. And having a gun under your pillow is considered a style statement in villages.
In cities, hardened criminals prefer a tamancha to any other hand-held weapon because it seldom jams and misses a target. Many may have an arsenal of imported weapons, but still like to have their trusted tamancha by. Most criminal acts, according to the police in western UP, are committed with this weapon. In case of police raids and during chase, it is easy to abandon this unlicensed weapon since it cannot be traced back to the owner.
The police is not a problem but an integral part of the business, according to knowledgeable sources. The manufacturers claim they need to give a regular cut to local authorities who thereafter turn a blind eye to the trade. Occasionally, the police may also procure kattas or tamanchas from these factories. These are then “planted” during raids.
Reference: http://www.livemint.com/2008/12/1523580 ... of-la.html
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:13 am

Ok tamanchas I can understand,just needs a pipe of suitable diameter,although such "weapons" pose a greater hazard to the user than the intended victim.What I can't understand is where do they get a constant supply of factory made ammo??? :deadhorse:
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 am

ammo? why from the government source only :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 am

Good one naga :twisted:
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:08 pm

LOL :D
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 pm

7 Lakhs for an AK? The guys at Cox bazaar must be smoking something really fantastic.
I can buy a legal one at retail price for about the equivalent of Rs 25000.
Illegal ones I believe are a lot cheaper. And you thought the markup on legal phoren maal is high. Maybe we should have fair price for Cox bazaar thread. :cry:

BTW what is a handbomb? :?