NX 200 - A GOOD CHOICE?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
rishabh2011
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

NX 200 - A GOOD CHOICE?

Post by rishabh2011 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33 am

Hi all,

Hope you all are safe and healthy.

I have recently developed an interest in shooting after playing "Hitman Sniper" game and looking forward to buy my first air rifle once the lockdown situation ends. I don't aim to prepare for competition or stuff. I am just interested in backyard shooting and fun. I need recommendations for a rifle and a good scope:

RIFLE - My requirements here are accuracy and durability within a budget of 10-15000 INR. Based on my google research, I have narrowed down my choice to Athena NX 200. Is it a good choice or are there better rifles within same price range? Also, upto what max. distance is it fairly accurate?

SCOPE - I don't know if I really need a scope but I love the cool factor of viewing the target from the scope and rifle looks cool as well with a scope. My budget is 10000 INR. Is it possible to get a decent quality scope at this price? I checked some Bushnell dusk and dawn model (5k) online but seems like it is not original. What scope would you recommend? I don't need very high magnification but the quality of scope should be good. I mean I should not have to zero it again after every few shots. How about this one : https://www.kovibazaar.com/scopes-mount ... 1mm-mounts

Any suggestions and guidance is highly appreciated.

thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NX 200 - a good choice?

Post by Basu » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:38 am

You seem to have narrowed down on NX 200.
So it is not worthwhile to suggest you.
Go ahead and buy it.
Yet may be for academic interest you may research for SDB Xena.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by riflemarksman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:35 am

Many people using nx200 have good things to say about it if you just want it for backyard shooting you do not require a scope.......

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:04 pm

NX 200 is really a good choice..Buy one piece scope mou t for the scope to avoid zeroing it over and over again.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 am

rishabh2011 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33 am
Hi all,

Hope you all are safe and healthy.

I have recently developed an interest in shooting after playing "Hitman Sniper" game and looking forward to buy my first air rifle once the lockdown situation ends. I don't aim to prepare for competition or stuff. I am just interested in backyard shooting and fun. I need recommendations for a rifle and a good scope:

RIFLE - My requirements here are accuracy and durability within a budget of 10-15000 INR. Based on my google research, I have narrowed down my choice to Athena NX 200. Is it a good choice or are there better rifles within same price range? Also, upto what max. distance is it fairly accurate?

SCOPE - I don't know if I really need a scope but I love the cool factor of viewing the target from the scope and rifle looks cool as well with a scope. My budget is 10000 INR. Is it possible to get a decent quality scope at this price? I checked some Bushnell dusk and dawn model (5k) online but seems like it is not original. What scope would you recommend? I don't need very high magnification but the quality of scope should be good. I mean I should not have to zero it again after every few shots. How about this one : https://www.kovibazaar.com/scopes-mount ... 1mm-mounts

Any suggestions and guidance is highly appreciated.

thanks.
Hello,

I haven't used NX 200, so can't comment about it. As per your question, I guess that you may compare your choice with SDB Xena. I'm quite satisfied it up to a range of around 15 to 20 metres, without scope.

This said, do your own homework. As far as I know, Nx 200 will cost less in terms of maintenance in the long run.

Regards.
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin